Friday, March 14, 2008

TGIF!!!

It is finally Friday, Hallelujah! I don't know about you, but I felt that this week moved at a snail's pace. I must admit that I'm in a better mood now that it's Friday. And, my mood is even better because I'm off the hook. You see, I thought that I was going to have to drive five hours tomorrow for work, which I would have done, but I just found out that I don't have to go anymore. Awesome.
Well, mostly awesome. Saturday is "Get It Done" day at my house. It's the day we run ALL of our errands. We go to the grocery store, the dry cleaners, the post office, the auto shop, Target (we always go to Target--Always), etc. It's also the day we do all of our cleaning. We prepare meals for the next week. We do homework. I get my nails and hair done. We shop for clothes, books, or anything else we need. I think you get the idea. No one likes Saturdays at our house because they are so HECTIC. And, I was secretly looking forward to delegating all of these responsibilities to someone else. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Oh well.
I really wish I could come up with some kind of solution to our Saturday madness. Some kind of schedule, or division of labor, that would make Saturdays more enjoyable for us. Anybody have any suggestions? Anything that works for you? If so, bring 'em on. I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

have mercy woman! how on earth do you fit all of that in into ONE day?? i guess what we do is spread the errands over both weekend days. that way we are spending one day recovering from the previous. it's still a hectic weekend though.

oh and I almost NEVER get my hair and nails done which gives me a few more hours than you :) i'm tres jealous...

Anonymous said...

I am also glad that you won't be working tomorrow. As the usual delagatee, I thank you. Besides, I do occasionally like to spend time with you. Love you.