Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend Recap

It's Monday, and I haven't blogged since Thursday. I'm a slacker, I know! Just so you know, though, I started this post on Friday. At that point, I was planning to blog about my NCAA basketball bracket. But, I could never get anything down "on paper" that sounded right to me. It wasn't that I didn't have anything to say. As those of you who know me well can attest, I always have something to say. The problem was that every thing I wrote seemed so trivial . After all, last Friday was Good Friday. And, while the fact that I finished the first day of the NCAA tournament 14/16 is pretty cool, it does not compare in the slightest to Christ's sacrifice for us on the cross. So, I decided that I would spend some time with my Jesus. And, that's what I did.


Friday night W. and I went to the Good Friday service at church. It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The sanctuary was beautiful (completely lit with candles), the music was beautiful, and so were the words spoken by our pastors.


Saturday I finished my last Bible Study session. For the last ten weeks I have been doing Beth Moore's Jesus the One and Only study. Like all of her other studies, this one was awesome. And, I can tell you that God is good! The timing couldn't have been more perfect, finishing this Study during Holy Week. If you haven't done this Bible Study, you definitely should! I would tell you it's my favorite, but I have to admit, I say that about all of them.


On Sunday, we worshipped at our church. I love Easter more and more every year. I think that is because with each year that passes, I increasingly realize how undeserving I am of Christ's sacrifice. I can't fathom Jesus' love for me, but I am so thankful he loves me! He loved us enough to die for us, but death couldn't contain Him. He is risen, and that is so AWESOME!


This is the first time I've done this, but here are some pictures of our little unit dressed in our Easter outfits.












Oh, in case you were wondering, on Saturday my NCAA bracket nearly disintegrated. I guess that's what happens when one gets proud of her performance the day before!

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter!


1 comment:

Justice Fergie said...

sounds like you had a wonderful Easter!