Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In the Interest of Full Disclosure

I am so excited. This weekend I get the absolute pleasure of going to a Women of Faith conference with two awesome friends of mine. The conference is just far enough away that we have to stay in a hotel, and I love staying in hotels! I am a bit apprehensive, however, to stay in the same hotel room with people who are not contractually or genetically obligated to love me. Let's just say that I have some issues. So, in the interest of full disclosure, I thought I better share these issues with my girlfriends. And, since I have no shame (and nothing better to blog about today), I figured, why not put it out there in blog world. So, in no particular order, here goes:

Number 5: I talk in my sleep. Not mumble, groan talk, but complete sentences, carry on conversations talk. Sometimes with my eyes open. Scary, I know. You don't have to tell me. I'm the one spilling my guts to people in the middle of the night. AND, unless you tell me, I don't know I did it. Or what I said.
Number 4: Sometimes, I sleep walk. Generally, I only sleep walk to the refrigerator where I down some Diet Coke. Did I mention that I am ASLEEP!?! I guess sleep drinking is better than sleep eating, but unless we have a mini fridge in our room, we better make sure the door is securely locked. Otherwise, who knows where you will find me.

Number 3: I love monkeys--all kinds of monkeys. I think they are awesome, and if I had a pet, I would want a monkey. But, since no one else seems to think having a monkey for a pet is such a great idea, I have to settle for a stuffed one. His name is Grand Master Monkey. Yes, for real, and he always travels with me. Hey, no laughing. Did I mention he is fierce? ;)
Number 2: I am not a morning person, but I am not a night person, either. I am a sleep person. I like it, and you better not interfere with it. (Otherwise, see number 3. Grand Master likes his sleep, too. And, like I said, he is fierce.)
Number 1: Repeat, I am not a morning person. So, I don't think I 've ever gotten up on the "right" side of the bed. That's primarily because I firmly believe that both sides of the bed are the wrong side when you have to get up. Like I said, I like my sleep. But, I never get it, or at least enough of it, so I can be a little crabby first thing in the morning. At least until I've had some coffee and/or Diet Coke. Prayer always helps, too!

I could go on and on and on. I'm a bed hog, I have to have a million blankets, which I kick off onto the floor after I fall asleep...You get the idea. Like I said, I have issues. But, at least now, they are fully disclosed. Well, almost. I'll tell you about my dreams later. I think I've scared everyone enough for one day.
By the way, is it time for a nap? *wink, wink*.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it too late to back out? Just kidding. I'm a mom...I can handle anything. It's funny, I've always said I'm not a morning or a night person either. I'm a middle of the day person. I am getting better at being cordial in the morning though and can definately put on a brave face for my friends for 1 day-no pressure! Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Is it too late to back out? Just kidding. I'm a mom...I can handle anything. It's funny, I've always said I'm not a morning or a night person either. I'm a middle of the day person. I am getting better at being cordial in the morning though and can definately put on a brave face for my friends for 1 day-no pressure! Can't wait!!

Caroline said...

so glad that you stopped by my blog!!!! we got the dresses from dress barn...which we normally are not a fan of. This season they had great stuff and not bad prices! I look forward to reading more about you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Grand Master Monkey is fierce! Trifle with him at your peril.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to hearing all your secrets in the middle of the night. I hope you respond to questioning. Also, I too need a few pots of coffee in the morning to feel...myself. So if your little "friend" gets out of line before the first pot you might want to find a safe place for him.
I hope you dont need to have someone guide you back to bed on one of your outings because if you wake me I might let you oh, I dont know, end up somewhere,lets say, new.