Monday, April 7, 2008

Why I'll Probably Never Succeed at Blogging

Well, I'm alive. My sinus infection hasn't killed me, and my nose isn't running any more. So, I guess that's saying something, and I would guess it had to do with your prayers. Today, I suffered through another day at the office. I prayed really hard all the way to work this morning, asking God to help me have a good attitude today. And, he is faithful. I made it through the entire day and only thought about leaving germs on my boss' stuff once. A major victory, if you ask me. And, I'm hoping to be able to breathe out of both nostrils soon. I know you were waiting for that information.


Anyway, other than my little health update, I really have nothing to blog about. My weekend, as I predicted, was filled with Kleenex and TV. Very exciting. Really. During commercials, I would talk to myself in order to ascertain if my voice still sounded raspy. You know, a la Sophia Loren. My friend from college didn't end up visiting, so on Saturday I made comfort food. And, if I can ever figure out how to link, I might even share the recipes. (OK, I definitely would share, especially since I got them from other, wonderful blogs!)




Ladies (and George), that was the extent of my weekend. And, as I am sitting here trying to figure out what to blog about, it dawns on me. I will probably never succeed at this blogging endeavor. My life is just too boring. I read a lot of wonderful blogs; blogs with witty and engaging posts. But, here, you get a yawn. Seriously. You don't believe me. OK, this was my day today. Got up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. (Sorry, I couldn't resist). I was in my office by 7:00 a.m., and I spent the majority of my day arguing about what the words "other than" mean in the context of an exclusion contained in an insurance policy. (Yes, I'm serious. Bored yet?) Drove home. Debated dinner options with George for what seemed like an eternity. Helped cook dinner, ate dinner, and cleaned up the kitchen. Spent an eternity with W. solving for X. Yelled at W. to finish his homework, to brush his teeth and to get to bed. Tried to watch the end of the NCAA championship game. And, now, here I am. Exciting, isn't it. And, tomorrow I get to do it all over again.




So, since that's all I have to say (because there is no more to say), I will leave you with pictures of my monkey. Remember, Grand Master Monkey? I told you I have a stuffed monkey. And, you thought I was kidding. Ha! So, here is Grand Master, hanging out with Melissa's monkey at Women of Faith. Judge for yourself, but I think they were having a lover's quarrel.



"I love you."

(That's Grand Master on the left. Doesn't he look fierce?)


"I can't believe you!"



"Let's talk about this."




"Hmmph. I'll just eat chocolate."

Well, with that wonderful monkey skit, I bid you all a good night. If my sinus infection hasn't killed me by tomorrow, and if Priscilla Presley doesn't ask for her face back, I might be back tomorrow. Maybe I'll have something to blog about...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're great at blogging. Especially when there are monkeys involved in any way, shape, or form. By the way...that's one handsome sock monkey!

Sarah said...

Seriously, I don't think "boring" is the word that comes to my mind when I open up your blog. For real. You write great stuff that makes me think and laugh and then thing some more. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Monkeys rule! Monkeys are the coolest animals ever. They have thumbs on their feet.