Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where Does The Time Go? A/K/A I'm Getting Old

It occurred to me this morning that it is April 29th. April 29th!?!? How did that happen. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem like it was April 1st yesterday? I really don't know where the time goes. The days all run together into weeks, and I am increasingly having trouble remembering when events occurred. I say things like "Just the other day..." when "just the other day" was probably at least a month ago. Does anyone else have this problem? Why does that happen? And, does that mean I'm getting old? On second thought, don't answer that. I do have a birthday coming up in less than two weeks.

And, about that birthday. The good news is that it is not a divisible-by-five birthday. Those birthdays are the worst and are accompanied by much crying and rending of garments. So, thankfully, I (and George) still have 376 days before I have to deal with that. (I would have done the calculation in minutes or seconds so it seemed like a much longer time, but sadly, I can't do that kind of math in my head.) And anyway, I think I'm going to officially adopt my friend Renee's philosophy. She just stopped counting. Instead, we celebrate the __ (fill in the number) anniversary of her 29th birthday. I like that idea. And, when it becomes my tenth anniversary of my 29th birthday, I'll start using roman numerals, because, come on, who knows their roman numerals anymore? And, on the off chance that you do, keep it to yourself. Because there will be no, and I mean NO, mention of my age on this blog. I'm not kidding. Don't test me, either. I'm a master at Chinese torture techniques. Seriously. I mean, I watched every episode of Alias. Just call me Sydney Bristow, or that creepy Chinese doctor guy, but I'd prefer to be called Sydney. Anyway...

I don't know about you, but I love celebrating birthdays, sometimes even my own. So, I guess it's time for me to start thinking whether or not I want to have a par-tay. I'll have to give that some thought, but, never fear, I'll get back to you. After all, that'll give me something to blog about for at least a couple of days. Maybe I'll even post my wish list for my birthday...Hmm, you never know...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to helping you celebrate your birthday. Please DO put a book wishlist together.

Julie said...

I'm stopping by your blog today and hope you don't mind. I've seen you on other blogs and wanted to get to know you more. I've read a few of your previous post and I'm looking forward to reading much more.

I can completely relate to getting older and I'm thrilled to know I'm not the only one who looses track of time!! :)

hayden said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! Those strawberry muffins were so good...but my husband didn't like the jelly on the inside. I took them to work and other guys there liked it. Let me know how they turn out!

By the way, if you start using roman numberals I would never be able to figure out your age...I can never figure those things out. I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader!!!

Caroline said...

ok so it really feels like october to me...last october. i am terrible with time and when i date my bible study after school....i go through the same process every day.....october..dec...march...of its april 2o something....ughhhh i get on my nerves. anyway, age.....oh be glad your getting old and WISER>>>>>>you couldn't pay me to go back even a year to be honest!!!!! have a great day dear!!!!!!....


ps. i think we need a picture of those china moves you talked about hahahahahaahaha