Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm Baaack

So, I had been really good about blogging. Then I had my downer post, and to be honest, I've kind of been scared to write anything else. But, after our book club discussion about fear last night, I felt I needed to push through my own fear. And, here I am. Did you miss me? (Please only answer that if you are going to answer in the affirmative. I mean, didn't your mom teach you, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?) So, I figured I would give you a recap of where I've been for the last several days.


Friday. Friday night Melissa, Sarah and I headed downtown to see Anne Graham Lotz. I really liked her. She spoke about salvation, and it was amazing to see how many people accepted Christ that night. And, the music was really good. I hadn't heard of Fernando Ortega, so I didn't know what to expect. But, I thought he had a really nice voice. It was good. And, after the conference concluded for the night, I got to spend some quality time with my girlfriends, and I loved that!
Saturday. I got up way earlier than normal (we sleep in so late at our house on Saturdays) because I had to meet my friend Kristin downtown for day two of the Anne Graham Lotz conference. And, can I just say, Saturday was even better than Friday night! Once again, there was a lot of music, and it was very good. They primarily sang traditional hymns, which was fun for me because I don't know very many of them. In the morning, Anne spoke about the resurrection. Specifically, she looked at the resurrection through the eyes of Mary Magdalene and Peter. I had never heard the resurrection story told that way before. What she said about Peter was really interesting to me. She said that Peter was so overcome by his guilt that he had denied Christ that he had returned to his old way of life. But, when Christ appeared to him and the other disciples, he ran to Christ and focused completely on Him. Anne challenged everyone who attended the conference to focus completely on the cross, surrendering everything to Jesus.
Saturday night, George and I went to see the movie Exposed. If you haven't seen it, you should. I think it is still playing, and it was very interesting. Exposed is a documentary by Ben Stein (Bueller, Bueller, Bueller). The movie basically follows Ben Stein across the country as he talks to scientists on both sides of the intelligent design vs. evolution debate.
Sunday, was a very relaxing day. I spent most of the day doing Bible study and relaxing.
Monday it was back to work. I worked all day, cooked dinner, and we had our very own nightly version of "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" as we helped W. with his homework.
Tuesday was more of the same. George and I did find time to go on a 45 minute walk. I am so happy that weather is finally nice enough to go on a walk outdoors. I have to admit, though, that this winter hibernation has taken its toll on me. I was way more worn out by our walk than I should have been. Needless to say, I need to exercise more. I'm working on it, so we'll see how it goes.
Yesterday was more of the same. Except, on Wednesday nights I get to go to book club. I LOVE book club. I am so blessed by each of the women who attend book club. We are just starting Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. I think it will be an awesome book to read, discuss, and pray with these women.
And, that brings us to today. Tonight W. has an orchestra concert, and then I have Bible Study. W. doesn't have school tomorrow so I told him we could go out to dinner after my Bible Study was over. He gets to pick the restaurant, and I think there is some Outback Steakhouse in our future. The jury is still out on whether Heather can resist the cheese fries, but I'm guessing that will be nearly impossible. I love those cheese fries!
Anyway, that's been my week. Nothing too exciting, but pretty busy. I'm still waiting to hear back from mom. She still doesn't have her test results, but she goes to the doctor tomorrow.
How about you? How is your week?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

HEATHER I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!!! i cute the blog fast short. I got my answer and knew it was time to get back on!!!!!!! I'm glad you have had a kind of uneventful week. sometimes that is just soooo goood. oh and outback is so calling my name!!!!!!

have a great weekend friend!!!!