Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend at the Lake

OK ladies. As promised, here are some of my pictures from the lake this weekend.


Here is W. with his cousin C. This was taken minutes before the kiddos tipped themselves over in the paddle boat. I laughed at the time. Foreshadowing, friends. Foreshadowing.

This is George and W. on the jet ski.

Here they are again. And, no George isn't a ghost, promise. He's just very, very pale.

You thought I was kidding about being dumped off the jet ski, didn't you? Oh no, girls, I wasn't. That little head sticking up out of the water is me. I'm trying to pull myself back up.

Yes, here I am again, swimming along side the jet ski. Why? Because I was never able to do a pull up in high school, that's why.


Here's W. and his cousin C., swimming in the lake. You can't see it in this picture, but he has his shoes on. Seriously.


And, here we are. See, I'm a good sport. I'm smiling, and this is after I got dumped off the jet ski. Notice, however, that I am staying put on the boat. Less dangerous that way. At least until I learn to do some pull-ups!

So there you have it. Pictures and everything. I've been crazy busy at work, but I'll try to get my blog award passed on tomorrow. I love you gals!! You're the best!!

15 comments:

Caroline said...

FUNNY

FUNNY

FUNNY

FUNNY

OH GIRL YOU ARE JUST THE BEST!!!! I AM SERIOUSLY LAUGH OUT LOUD RIGHT NOW!!!!!! SO GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AND SURVIVED!!!!!! HAHAHHAAH

Shana said...

I'm sorry I don't leave comments more often, it's that handy Google reader.
But
This Time
I couldn't help but to say
Wow, girl, you are a better woman than I.
Because when Ryan and I were dating, He got all wild on a jetski and threw me off....
But I was so stinkin mad I swam off!!!!
Then Ryan told me how dangerous It would be just me swimming all the way back, and made me get back on, and I think he went about 15 the rest of the way.
I am over it now, but I drive myself nowadays.
I'll be posting some of my lake pics for you too.
Your such a good blogger, I am just not disciplined enough, shoot!

Leigh Ann said...

That looks like SO much fun and that is such a cute picture of you!

Megan said...

How fun!! I love going to the lake! Glad you had a good weekend!
Also, thanks for the sweet email the day of my wedding. I LOVED it! You are too sweet! :-)

Megan L Hutchings said...

What great pictures! I promise I am only laughing WITH you at the moment ;)!

The picture of you and your hubby is adorable!

Julia said...

Great pics thanks for sharing!!!

petrii said...

You are too darn cute, yes you are!! I was just telling hubby the other day that I'd like to try the whole jet ski situation. AHH yep that garnered a laugh from him, given the broken knees situation and all. So I'll just live it vicariously through you!!

GREAT pics ~~ Love you sista, Dawn

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh! Getting thrown off the jet ski is not fun but I know ya'll had a great time at the lake! I haven't had a trip like that in a while! FUN FUN!

Heather said...

I couldn't do a pull-up to save my life....now or any time! The lake looks so fun! Praying that you are feeling good today!

Julie said...

I would have drowned!!!! I can't swim! What fun you had though. And you are really coming along with these pictures!!!! :)

About Nancy said...

What a fun weekend!

Thanks for sharing,
Nancy

Kristen said...

What a fun time! I love the lake...and was so happy to see some pics! One summer I was riding a jet ski with Zack, when he'd start to go too fast I'd squeeze his sides until he slowed down :)
Hope things have been going well with ya!

Heidi Zawisza said...

SOOO stinkin' funny!! LUVIN' it!!!

Julia said...

Where oh where is Heather???

Anonymous said...

That's right, just call me Casper. Oh, and I drive slow on a jetski.