Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's Almost Friday

It is Thursday, which means it is almost Friday! Woo hoo! Yippie! I might be slightly excited, but I bet you couldn't tell. *wink*. Primarily I am excited because I've had a pretty good week, and I have some awesome weekend plans. So, here's a little recap and a preview!
Tuesday night I continued my deep cleaning spree. I have been boxing up some things that are taking up unnecessary space, like my law school books. They are big, heavy, and completely useless. In fact, I have no idea why I still have them. Well, other than my addiction. I can't get rid of a book. Even ones I didn't like. I keep them all. Hello. I'm Heather, and I'm book addict. Nice to meet you. I should also note that I now have George boxing up some of his books, and W. is next. Because the only thing worse than one book addict is an entire family of them. The sickest part of all of this is that I have really enjoyed cleaning. I love it when things are organized and in their proper place. It just makes life better. Don't you think?
Last night I had the best dinner with my good friend Cindy. We had some yummy Mexican food, but we had even better fellowship and conversation. All I can say, is that it what just what I needed! My belly hurt when I left the restaurant, and it wasn't from the food. It was from all of the laughing we did. I had such a great time, and we're definitely going to have to do it again soon!
Today is my friend Annette's birthday. Annette and I went to law school together, and we were in the same study group all through law school and for the bar exam. And, let me tell you, we have seen each other at our worst. It is amazing how law school can bring out the worst in you, both physically and mentally. But, the most amazing part is that we still like each other, despite seeing each other at our worst. And, isn't that what friendship is really all about.
Tonight is my last Thursday night Bible study. We have our last session of Stepping Up tonight. I have really enjoyed this study. Realizing that we are all just pilgrims who are merely traveling through this life has made such a huge difference in my perspective on things. It is amazing what hope it brings to know that I am not stuck in this season of my life forever. I am only here for a brief moment in time, and, PTL, I am on my way to meet someone glorious and wonderful. And, that's where I will stay forever. So amazing!
I do have to admit, however, that I am more than a little bit sad that this Bible study is ending. I always feel sad at the end of a Bible study journey. I know, that is probably weird, right? But, I do. And, this time I feel even more sad because I have had the pleasure of doing this one with my sweet friend, Julie. I have really enjoyed spending time with her each week, and I am definitely going to miss that fellowship. To prevent me from having some type of meltdown, I think we will just have to continue getting together periodically this summer. And, I won't be going into Bible study withdrawal because I have a Bible study picked out and ready to go....And, I can't wait!!
Wow, this is getting long. Maybe I'll blog about the rest of my weekend plans tomorrow. I'll give you one hint, however. It involves tu-tus and tights!!
How about you? What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hello, my name is Caroline, and I too am a book addict!!!!!!


we are soooooo friends!!!!!!! i can't say goodbye to the silly things..what if i need it one day!!!!!! i am dying to hear what your weekend is about......tights???????? interesting...take lots of pics