Friday, May 23, 2008

A Dear George Letter

George,


I love you because you are sweet and kind.

I love you because you never let me run out of Diet Coke.

I love you because you never let me go to bed mad.

I love you because you love me even when I'm mean.

I love you because you always tuck me in at night.

I love you because you let me have the TV remote.

I love you because you bought me my monkey to keep me company when I travel.

I love you because you love me enough to do all my ironing.

I love you because you take great care of me.

I love you because you don't care that I drool, grind my teeth, and talk in my sleep.


I love you because I can be my true, geeky self with you and you love me anyway.



I love you because you drop everything you are doing if I need your help.


I love you because you do half of the cooking and only complain about it when you burn yourself making pot roast.


I love you because you know how much I hate cleaning the bathroom, so you always do it.


I love you because you stay up with me when I'm sick.


I love you because you stay up with me when I am up really late getting ready for a trial.


I love you because you tell me you love me every day.


I love you because we can talk about anything, even if we disagree.


I love you because you don't complain when I make you spend your snow day watching Beth Moore on DVD.


I love you because you always tell me I'm beautiful, even when my clothes don't fit.


I love you because you always hold me when I'm sad or crying.


I love you because you sing Deee-lite to me.


I love you because you sewed the elastic on my ballet shoes last year when I decided I was going to start dancing again.


I love you because you love me even when I haven't showered.


I love you because we can watch Ninja Warrior together and you don't make fun of me because I know all the contestants.


I love you because you didn't make me re-live fifth grade alone, especially geography.


I love you because you step in when I've reached my threshold for the day.


I love you because you don't say anything when I, the tone deaf one, sing Whitney Houston at the top of my lungs.


I love you because you are funny and always make me laugh.


I love you because you always bring me books home from work.


I love you because you love me in spite of my obsession with old-school rap.


I love you because you always believe in me.


I love you because you make me a better person.


And for all of these reasons, and a million more, I love you because you are you.


Here's to another year together. I love you so much. And, in the words of Paula Abdul, I'm forever your girl.


Love always,


Heather