Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coming Out of a Bloggy Hiatus

What a better reason to come out of a bloggy hiatus than to celebrate! In the few months I have been trying to get better, so much has happened with you all. Not the least of which is the fact that Kelly keeps getting cuter and cuter as she gets closer to her due date. I know I'm a day late, but I wanted to participate in the bloggy baby shower, too. So here goes:


Like Julie, I found your blog from a comment you left on Beth Moore's blog, and I was instantly drawn to you. I had only been a Christian for a short time when I found your blog, and your faith in God made me want to know him more. After reading your blog for a little while, I felt compelled to pray for you. I remember that you had written a post about your struggles and it broke my heart. I remember sitting on my couch, thinking about what I could do for you. Of course, I immediately wanted to send you a gift. I mean, come on, that's what I do ;) But, I didn't know you at all, so that was out of the question. Instead, I felt God tell me that all I needed to do was pray. So, I remember typing you a really long email with a bunch of verses that I wanted to pray over you. I felt like such a stalker. Ha! But, I knew that God wanted me to pray for you. Any time I let my self-doubts start creeping in, doubts like "God, I don't even know her, and God, I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts", something would happen, and God would remind me that I was supposed to pray for you. And, I am so glad He had me pray for you. Not only was my faith strengthened by seeing how big and awesome our God is, but I also made a friend in the process. I have sincerely loved getting to know you over these past few months. You are an amazing, sweet woman. I hope that we get the opportunity to get to know each other better in the future, and maybe even get to meet one another someday soon!


Like Caroline, I distinctly remember when I felt God release me from praying for you. It was shortly after Sarah announced that she was pregnant. While I was so happy for Sarah, I began praying even harder for you. One night, I had a dream and both you and Sarah were in it. You were skiing of all things, but you both had on matching snow suits. (Only a girl would have this dream ;) Anyway, as crazy as it sounds, I knew that God was telling me that your prayers, and my prayers, and the prayers of everyone else who loves you, had been answered. I just felt that you were going to have a baby. There were so many times that I wanted to say something to you, and ask you if you were pregnant, but I didn't for fear that I was wrong and had misunderstood. So, you can imagine how happy I was when I found out you were, in fact, pregnant! I screamed, and cried, and danced, and mailed a baby gift right away!


I know that you are going to be a wonderful mother. Of that, I have no doubt. My only advice is to love much and pray for the patience of Job! If you have those two things, you cannot go wrong. And, don't take yourself too seriously. Try not to worry about all the little things because the big picture is way more important. God brought you this precious baby, and He will be faithful to her and to you. So, try not to worry. (Easier said than done, I know). After all, how can you possibly go wrong with God in control and a hundred gallons of antibacterial soap around! ;) You'll do great, I promise! Best wishes always. I love you, friend!
I look so forward to catching up with you all. I have missed you SO much!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! I have missed you SOOOO much and am so glad you are back!!!
Let's catch up soon!

Meredith said...

YAY You are back! HA! I have been missing ya girl!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Welcome BACK girlie!!! I am so glad to see you here!
Now, I hope you plam on letting us in on what has been going on with you! I've missed your sweet sweet comments, and your inspirational posts!!
Glad you are back! Love ya!

Megan said...

Needless to say you have been MISSED!!! So glad you are back!

Jenna said...

Heather what a SWEET post! Thank you so much for participating in the shower - you are right a PERFECT time to come out of haitus!!

Hope you are doing well!!! Love, Jenna

petrii said...

WOOHOO You're back!!!! I've missed you soooooooooo much!!!!!

Tell me more tell me more :-) Would love to hear more about what's going on in your world friend.

Love you bunches sweet one,
Dawn

Julie said...

Glad you are back in blog land!!! We all missed you!! I'm looking forward to cathing up with you.

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so glad you are back. I missed you!

Kelly said...

Heather:
I have been out of town so I am just now catching up on e-mails and blogs. And I just saw BOTH of yours! This is so special to me. What a sweet post that meant the world to me!
And I'm glad you have posted again - I know you have had a lot going on but we have all missed you!

His Doorkeeper said...

Heather, I've been wondering about you but so glad to see you back at the keyboard again. Hope all is well in your life and thank you always for the sweet words to our Kelly.

Blessings to you!